Monday, December 15, 2008

"Punjabi" in Hindi


For years now, I have been trying to teach myself to read Hindi. In my brief stint as a student in DPS (Delhi Public School), I was making quick progress, although the lack of continued exposure in Toronto meant that I barely remembered a thing once I returned to Toronto. Later on, in high school, I enrolled in evening Hindi classes which turned out to be more about having fun - or making fun - with friends. Earlier this year, when I was in India for three months, I once again began teaching myself the alphabet, although with so much calling my attention there, this once again fell to the wayside. Now, I have rekindled my desire to learn to read Hindi and have started by working it into my art. What better way to learn then by spending hours writing just one word! Hindi readers, I do hope you are able to find the word "Punjabi" in this maze of lines!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails